Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect 200 Dollars

Okay, so I'm still 16 days away from my Due Date but here's the low down;

Late Sunday night I had some bleeding and Mike and I had to head to the hospital to get it checked out. At this point I was contracting every 4 minutes, but they weren't too intense. I was 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced. They did an ultra sound to make sure I didn't have placenta previa, checked the amniotic fluid, and of course checked Kate. Everything was great, and Kate's size even averaged out to be 4 days before her due date. Awesome!

So the contractions didn't let up during our lovely stay at the hospital, but to be considered in active labor you have to dilate 1 cm/hour. An hour later I was still at 3 cm. (Who has regular braxton hick contractions? Not fair.)

I left the hospital (mind you thinking labor was on its way, the nurse said maybe a week or two at most) and these contractions continued throughout Sunday night and into Monday, and into Monday night and into Tuesday, then Wednesday and yes... Today.

(Somebody upstairs is probably finding this all very amusing.)

So contractions are here, just not labor. I've tried walking and it intensifies the contractions, but an hour later and they aren't as painful again.

Life is a waiting game...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 4/4/09

4 cm dilated and 80% effaced as of Thursday. Who knows where I am now...

(how can I not be in labor?)

Contractions are still regular, but mild. No idea how to cope....

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hang in there Chrissy. Those Braxton Hicks are torture. It just makes the waiting game seem so much longer. Before you know it you will be holding sweet Kate in your arms, wondering how the first six weeks of her life went by so fast. Love ya.

Michelle

Jake and Jessica Fillmore said...

hey you two! found you off meggan's blog. Hey I had a similar thing happen to me. What got me through the braxton hiclks and into real labor was one of those huge yoga balls. I would just hang out and roll around on it while watching tv (sitting) and my baby came 1 week early. but I had the easiest labor in history. It helped shift the baby into position. Anyway good luck with everything!