The title of this blog alone will draw in far more attention than the actual story. To all of those wanting to hear a full out dramatic tragedy or success, this post will disappoint you immensely.
Okay Yesterday my contractions were even more intense. By the evening I was having a hard time breathing through them, so Mike and I headed off to the hospital. The contractions were coming 3 minutes apart and lasting 60 seconds. After barely an hour of watching my progress, (okay there really wasn't any progress) they sent us home with some morphine.
Wow, talk about a trip! That stuff is intense!
I was told if it was false labor the morphine would knock out the contractions completely.
It didn't. A half an hour later and I was still contracting but not strong enough to keep me awake, so we crashed. I woke up a couple of times with the contractions, but nothing too painful. This morning I timed them and they are still every three minutes and lasting 6o seconds, but not strong enough to be full blow labor.
So after a week of this I was getting desperate. I never thought I would reach the point of trying castor oil, but today I proved myself wrong. I did it. I took 2 oz of castor oil with 2 oz of juice, said a prayer, and braced myself for the worst experience of my life.
An hour passed. Nothing happened. Three hours passed, and still nothing happened. One more tablespoon of castor oil.
Nothing happened. Nada! And I am not kidding, when I say nothing happened I mean nothing happened, not even an upset stomach. I read all kinds of horror stories about castor oil being so awful, and was so sure it would work for me to finally kick me into full blow labor. But no, apparently I am immune to castor oil.
So I'm still contracting as I type this and hoping some miracle will take place over night...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 4/7/09
.....no miracle.....
CADEN's BASKETBALL GAME
1 year ago







1 comment:
I contracted for over a month with MJ. With Sierra my first contraction was labor. It was very interesting second experience. My only advice is that if your water breaks get to the hospital screaming fast. Even if your contractions stop. Good Luck. I am sorry babe. It sucks.
Post a Comment